Tanzania's Exclusive Serengeti Safari & Tennis Experience
Be part of history, as Insider Expeditions introduces the world’s first Serengeti Safari & Tennis Match to Africa. In partnership with Tanzania Tourism, and hosted by legends John & Patrick McEnroe, this bucket list event will inspire all. Join us for a truly once in a lifetime, exclusive experience.
An Exclusive VIP Itinerary & Tour Including a World's First Premier Event
There are simply no obstacles for people with an adventurous spirit and the imagination to dream. In Tanzania, the birthplace of the Safari (Swahili for a journey), those dreams become reality with one of Africa’s most iconic destinations where big game, local cultures and stunning landscapes combine to produce what is often described as the holiday of a lifetime.
Coupled with celebrity tennis professionals as your hosts, John & Patrick McEnroe, this is a truly extraordinary experience to explore Africa’s most iconic landscapes alongside two of the most iconic individuals in sports history. Imagine exploring untouched African safari, and witnessing the McEnroe brothers play the world’s first tennis match in the heart of the Serengeti, where horizons know no end & endless chapters of the Great Migration play out.
November 28th – November 30th | Optional Pre-Tour
Join us in Istanbul, Turkey or Arusha, Tanzania for 3 days of fun and adventure before the main tour begins.
December 1st – December 8th | Main Tour
Hosted by celebrity tennis players John and Patrick McEnroe, the main tour is a once-in-a-lifetime experience featuring a historic tennis match in the Serengeti, exhilarating excursions, premier sightseeing, luxury lodging, and more. Continue reading for a day-by-day overview or click here for the in-depth itinerary.
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- Check into your luxury hotel, the Gran Melia Arusha.
- Dinner reception with the first female President of Tanzania, Samia Suluhu Hassan, and other distinguished Tanzanian dignitaries.
- Play tennis in the Kilimanjaro Golf & Wildlife Estate (Kiligolf) area as you admire stunning views of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- 30-minute charter flight to the Seronera Airstrip, the gateway to the Serengeti.
- Check into the Four Seasons Serengeti Safari Lodge.
- Scenic safari game drive.
- Early morning safari game drive followed by breakfast.
- Full day of tennis, spa and optional conservation activities at the Four Seasons Lodge, including a guided 90-minute walk through the bush.
- Sunset safari game drive followed by an authentic dining experience hosted by members of the indigenous Maasai tribe.
- Early morning game drive followed by breakfast in the bush.
- Witness legends John and Patrick McEnroe play the first tennis match in the heart of the Serengeti.
- Dinner reception hosted by the McEnroes to commemorate the historic match.
- Hour-long, sunrise, hot-air balloon flight over the savannah.
- Champagne breakfast in the bush.
- Volley and take photographs with the McEnroes on the Serengeti court (optional upgrade).
- Sunset safari game drive.
- Travel to the Ngorongoro Crater in Northern Tanzania, an ancient caldera that shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth.
- Spend the full day touring the world-famous crater; stop to enjoy a four-course meal with wine along the way.
- Check into your luxury lodge with breathtaking views of the crater.
- Morning game drive on the crater floor.
- Afternoon tour of the Maasai Cultural Village offering an exclusive opportunity to experience the culture and way of life of the Maasai people.
- Sunset game drive followed by a farewell dinner.
- Final morning game drive.
- Charter flight to Arusha, Tanzania.
- Depart from Kilimanjaro National Airport (JRO) to return home – or continue your adventure with one of our trip extensions.
December 8th – December 11th | Optional Post-Tour
Join us in Istanbul, Turkey or Tanzania, Tanzania for 3-4 additional days of exploration and excitement after the main tour.
Experience Africa’s Beauty
The Serengeti is known as the 8th wonder of the world, and the birthplace of the Safari. With stunning landscapes, big game, and local culture of the Maasai people, it is where dreams become reality in a truly inspiring place in our world.
Be Part of Tennis History
Witness of first of its kind tennis match in the Serengeti with the McEnroe Brothers, in the midst of one of Africa’s most iconic safari destinations.
Discover Local Culture
Guests will join John & Patrick when they visit a traditional Maasai village in Ngorongoro Crater to bring goodwill and cultural exchange and introduce the Maasai youth to the game of tennis.
Make a Difference
Join us, and be part of history as we inspire the world, and change the future of the game by bringing Tennis to African Youth.